Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Look Back


I introduced my blog, Thoughts on the Future of Higher Education, on Monday, December 3, 2012.  In the eighteen months since then, it became my habit and my pleasure to post a 750-word essay every week without fail.  I posted my 77th weekly essay last Monday on May 19, 2014.
 
Today’s post is special because it marks a turning point.  I will begin by taking a moment to look back at those first 77 posts.  Next week, I will take another moment to look forward to where future blog posts may take us.  And I welcome your suggestions regarding topics of special interest to you.
 
Group I: Blog Posts #1 to #26 describe the three major higher education sectors in Pennsylvania: the 14 “state-owned” or PASSHE universities; the four “state-related universities; and the private universities.
 
Group II: Blog Posts #27 to #45 describe the “Career Development Process” and are intended to help current and future college students as well as alumni to understand that process and thereby increase their levels of career achievement and career satisfaction.
 
Group III: Blog Posts #46 to #57 are based on my book¹ Privatization Without a Plan, and describe what I consider to be the greatest threats to the delivery of the statutory purpose of public higher education in Pennsylvania, which is: to provide “High quality education at the lowest possible cost to the students.”   
 
Group IV: Blog Posts #58 to #77 are focused on the Pennsylvania Association of State Colleges and Universities (PASCU), a non-profit organization that I launched in June of 2012 to deal with the challenges described in Privatization Without a Plan.
 
For the convenience of the readers, I have prepared an Excel spreadsheet² listing the blog post number, date and title of the first 77 blog posts.  I hope readers will find that resource helpful.
 
¹ http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=angelo%20armenti.
² https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/6969829/thoughts-on-the-future-of-higher-education-blog-posts-index-date-title-may-27-2014-pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment